Sunday, December 18, 2005

Sprint!!!

I am sitting on Val's couch right now, as she's drying her hair and getting ready so we can go over to Grandma's for her annual holiday get-together. It should be an interesting mix of holidays - Grandma is technically the only non-Jewish member of the family, but it's at her apartment so I suppose it's a Christmas party. With Bagels and Lox. Perhaps not as traditional as, say, turkey or chicken, but certainly more enticing. I have heard a rumor involving some jambalaya that may or may not be present at some time tonight. This is unconfirmed. Reports of cookies from Veniero's are much more substantiated.

I decided to make Val go running with me today - it's one of the last nice days of the year before global "warming" turns NYC into Siberian taiga for 3 months. She knows I used to do a lot of running in the past. However, she was not quite prepared for that sprint up Clyde Street at the end of our little run. Despite that, she still wants to do it again. You know, it's been a while since I've done the Central Park loop... (Insert diabolical grin here.)

2 comments:

valerief said...

Just remember, hun, you bust my ass too much with the running, and I'll make it up to you during the post-run stretching. ;)

xoxoxo

SmallWonder said...

So this is the mysterious valerief who left comments on my blog! I had a feeling that's who it was :). Valerie - I would have answered, but figured that you'd never see my comments since they'd just get lost in the old posts. Jason - it's been too long since we've seen each other! I hope you have a great Christmukah, New Year's, etc :). Would you and Valerie like to get together and do dinner in January?