Friday, March 11, 2005

Interview II and The Bosch

I went to my second interview with company xxxxxx this afternoon. Again, I think it went well. I was basically told that there will be a third interview sometime soon, but I feel like I'm making progress here. I really could use the change of scenery. I reallly liked the way the head trader was talking by the end of today - saying things like "when you work for us you'll be..." and "your job will involve..." Positive language is always a good sign. I do have to call the HR department tomorrow though. There's one concern I have regarding the application process - technically, I might be involved in an arbitration suit, and I did need to disclose it today when I was filling out a background check form. I want to make sure I clarify the situation; hopefully it won't jeopardize my application.

After what felt like a successful day, I went over to Lit on 2nd Ave to see Andrew's band play. The bar was running really really late, so Andrew only got about 20 minutes of time on stage. You know, it really pisses me off - I spent $5 to see them, and I expect to get a decent show out of it. It's not their fault that the bar couldn't figure out how to put a schedule together. They were supposed to go on at 10:45, and probably hit the stage around 12:15 or so. The whole crowd was yelling and calling for more, but the sound guy cut them off as soon as they finished their last song. Literally the second they finished, they cut the mikes and hustled the guys offstage. I wanted to go and complain to the girl at the door and ask for my money back, but she had conveniently disappeared. I am definitely not going back to that bar for a long time, and will likely make an angry phone call tomorrow from work.

No comments: