Monday, March 07, 2005

Take 2

So, Blogger just ate the long post I wrote about the party, and I really don't feel like typing it all out again. Although, in retrospect, it wasn't a particularly well-written post either. Way too narrative and detached. Maybe the Internet Demons decided that they'd rather see me try again. Well, tough shit Internet Demons. You think I'm retyping that whole four paragraph, naive, boring-ass entry? No way! You're getting the condensed version, and you're going to like it.

Basically, the party was fun, but not enough people showed up for my liking. Definitely nobody new, which was kind of the point of the whole thing, so there was no chance of getting any phone numbers or finding some hot girl to bring back into the "VIP Lounge" for some PG-13 rated action. On the other hand, Caroline from high school showed up, which was very cool since I hadn't seen her in nine years and hadn't spoken to her in about eight. At least if I wasn't going to get a date out of this, I could at least have fun reminiscing and catching up. Granted, conversations like:
"So how's your dad doing?" (her dad was our history teacher in 11th grade.)
"Well, he got remarried a year or so ago because my mom died."
aren't exactly my idea of catching up.

Oh, yeah, pictures from the party might be posted, but probably won't since so many of them didnt' come out well at all. Mostly dark blobs that, on closer inspection, appear to vaguely resemble either Krikor or Alex.

1 comment:

SmallWonder said...

Well, here it turns out that you're following the heard afterall! Welcome to a cooler version of LJ :). I'm sorry that not enough single ladies showed up to the party!