Thursday, March 03, 2005

Interview

Today, for the first time in about 4 years, I went on a job interview. I've finally become so sick of my job that I'm willing to get up off my lazy ass and do something about it. The interview went pretty well. The first person I spoke to seemed very laid-back, and we hit it off immediately. We spoke for an hour, and ended up joking about the AMEX and how frustrating the exchange is. If he were in charge of human resources, I'm sure I'd have the job.

The second person, the founder of the company, was a lot tougher. It was really hard to read him, and I'm not sure what he thought of me. We eventually seemed to warm up, but for a while I felt like I was grasping at straws. We did talk salary though, which is usually a good sign. The job's not 100% what I wanted to do, but it's close enough that I'm willing to take it if an offer comes my way. I also like the environment there - everyone seemed pretty friendly and relaxed, so I think I'd fit in pretty well.

After the interview I walked down to the gym, figuring I'd get a quick workout in before dinner. Right after I finished my first 3 sets, I went to put the weights back on the rack and slipped. I totally missed the rack, and the lip of the rack went straight into my finger. I sliced myself up pretty good, and can't really grip anything with my right hand. I think the bleeding has stopped for now, but every once in a while I'll bend my finger and it'll start up again. I was worried at first that I cut myself so deep that I'd need stitches, but I think that's just my natural tendency to exaggerate manifesting itself through hypochondria. I'm sure it'll be fine by tomorrow. If not, I'll just have to call up a few of my doctor-friends and see if any of them want to practice their suturing skills.

No comments: