Thursday, March 03, 2005

Start Date

Well, it looks like I've finally gone and started myself a blog. For real this time. I've flirted with bloggerdom in the past, via LiveJournal, or through a little side project that never really got off the ground. But this time, it's going to be for real.

So, why blog? Certainly not to be trendy - I'm arriving so late to this party that I'm practically being assigned cleanup detail. Most of my friends have some sort of blog by now, but I've been content to live in the realm of the real world up until now. Why now, you ask, after all this time, would I decide to plaster myself and my life on the net for everyone to see?

I think it's because I need an outlet. I've been keeping a lot of things inside, and I need to get them out there. My friends have always described me as calm, relaxed, laid-back, but that's because they don't always see the other sides. The anxiety, the depression, the elation, the love, the joy, and so many other things. I've decided that catharsis is good.

I've also been told I'm a good writer. Notably, by one of the crazy exes. (Yes, there are several crazy ex-girlfriends. More about them another day.) Personally, I don't really think my daily ins and outs will make such a gripping read, but I guess life is what you make of it, and I'm going to try to make mine as interesting as at all possible.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments: